2005-01-30

Damn 300D! Damn R-D1!

Why-oh-why is it that I'm starting to like the results from my Eos 300D while it just can't get over the bulkiness and unintuitive handling of the thing? I wish I had a digital rangefinder! But the only digital RF available today is the 3000+ euro Epson R-D1, and I just ain't got 3000+ euro for just 1 camera.

I love the ease of use of digital media, the fact I don't have to scan any negatives, and don't have to wait for the developed negatives to return. But the 300D is a devil to handle. Why do I have to push a button AND turn a wheel to change a setting? This should be done much more easily, like on a rangefinder. I'm almost tempted to bring along my handheld light meter and to use those settings in the Eos M-mode. Too bad that won't solve the pre-focussing problem; I want to be able to focus by myself AND be able to see on the lens what distance I set. This is just not possible on the EF lenses.

I will have to start saving for an R-D1, and sell off some of my other cameras. The Noblex should bring in some money but I'm not yet ready mentally to sell that one. The rest won't bring in enough; only some tens of dollars each for the FEDs and Zorkis. I will have to be reeeeeally nice to Sumiya for the next few years. :P


Harbour of Amsterdam.
Canon Eos 300D
Canon EF 50/1.8 II
media settings unknown
shutter time & aperture unknown



Masts.
Canon Eos 300D
Canon EF 50/1.8 II
media settings unknown
shutter time & aperture unknown



Harbour view.
Canon Eos 300D
Canon EF 50/1.8 II
media settings unknown
shutter time & aperture unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home