2005-06-13

Image tank, 1. Laptops, 2. R-D1, 1!

A few days after my last entry to this blog I finally did get my laptops! It took me a few hours to get all our software installed but while everything was installing I had time to drop by a nearby computer store to get a pair of Microsoft notebook mice and a Sitecom wireless router. Within a few minutes things were working properly and did I have a wireless internet connection. I can't be happier, except that Windows XP seems to have a bit of a problem with two wireless laptops connecting to the internet at once. The connections drop quite regularly, even though the laptops are just a couple of meters away from the router. I'll have to look into this matter one of these days.

We went to Belgium for a family reunion a couple of weeks ago and I was very disappointed that I hadn't received my R-D1 by that time. This last weekend we went to Antwerpen to visit one of Sumiya's nieces, who lives there. I had already decided that I would bring only one camera and a few films when I received notice that the R-D1 was waiting for me at the post office. So, Friday morning half past nine we went to the post office, paid the taxes due and walked out with one very big box containing my R-D1!

In the 10.23 train to Antwerpen I unpacked the box and found the camera in pristine order. I was really very happy though I got a nasty little surprise when I found out the camera takes SD cards, and not the CF card that I already have for the Eos 300D. I still had to take photos with the Leitz Minolta CL and film....

At Antwerpen-Berchem station we were welcomed by Chimkaa, who took us to the place where she lives. There we had booz and met some of her friends. Chimkaa seems to do quite well for herself, and we're very happy for that.

After the food Chimkaa and her friends went with us to the Ibis Hotel in the Meistraat, just around the corner from the Rubens Huis. On our way to the hotel we came past a Media Markt, and after registering at the hotel and settling ourselves we returned there to buy me a new Sandisk 1 GB SD card. We strolled around the city for some time and ended up at Groenplaats, the square in front of the cathedral. There we sat for some time, talking and drinking. By now it was already evening and clouds were gathering over the city. We all went our ways after Chimkaa and her friends had promised to drop by the hotel later in the evening.

We had hardly finished our dinner when they arrived. We sat in the hotel lobby, again talking and drinking. It wasn't until midnight when they left for home.


Deegii, Chimkaa and Sumiya.
Epson R-D1
Jupiter-8 50/2
film settings unknown
shutter time & aperture unknown



Meir, Antwerpen.
Epson R-D1
Jupiter-8 50/2
film settings unknown
shutter time & aperture unknown



Meir, Antwerpen.
Epson R-D1
Jupiter-8 50/2
film settings unknown
shutter time & aperture unknown



Schoenmarkt, Antwerpen.
Epson R-D1
Jupiter-8 50/2
film settings unknown
shutter time & aperture unknown



Rubens and cathedral, Groenplaats, Antwerpen.
Epson R-D1
Jupiter-8 50/2
film settings unknown
shutter time & aperture unknown



Cathedral, Groenplaats, Antwerpen.
Epson R-D1
Jupiter-8 50/2
film settings unknown
shutter time & aperture unknown



Chimkaa.
Epson R-D1
Jupiter-9 85/2
film settings unknown
shutter time & aperture unknown



MaNGo clothes shop, Schoenmarkt, Antwerpen.
Epson R-D1
Jupiter-8 50/2
film settings unknown
shutter time & aperture unknown



Wapper, Antwerpen.
Epson R-D1
Jupiter-8 50/2
film settings unknown
shutter time & aperture unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home