2005-05-18

New CDs

I got myself some new CDs lately. I probably hadn't bought anything new in several years, except for Kylie's "Fever", which I still enjoy thoroughly. However, as my wife and child are now living with me, I couldn't show up with some extra hard or heavy music (and I wouldn't anyway; my choice of music has really changed over the past 10 years). Instead I came home with more R&B than I ever would expect.

My choices...? Well, first there is Kylie's "Ultimate Kylie", a double CD with the best songs of her long career. To be honoust, I prefer her latest work (which is on CD 2) while I can't listen to her older work (being on CD 1). It's too... euh... old, I guess. :)

Secondly, I got me Craig David's "Slicker than your average". Some time ago I heard a remix of his song "What's your flava?" and liked it so much I googled for it. After having found out the performer's name I went to the store and got the CD. I listened to his first CD as well but wasn't much impressed with it.

My third new purchase was Angie Stone's "Stone love". This is a wonderful CD. I love the soulful music she makes and I find it a pleasure to play the CD. In my opinion this is a CD for all moments, from early morning coffee to late night romantic dinner.

My last new CD is Kelis' "Tasty". It has a "Parental advisory: explicit lyrics" sticker on the box but I have been unable to find any explicitness, except for a single mentioning of the word "dick". Well, if that's gonna shock the world then we've slid down the drain quite deep. As for the CD, I like it very much. I'm particularly charmed by the song "Stick up" though the rest of the songs are not to be sneezed at either.

New CDs.
Canon Eos 300D
Canon EF 50/1.8
"film" settings unknown
shutter time & aperture unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home